POST 6

Cwncarn was my school when we got evacuated, like everyone else we lived on campus. I was a good kid kept myself to myself and never worried about politics. I figured that if a girl keeps her head down and stays out of trouble she can live a long and happy life. Keep to the consensus and everybody wins. This is the illusion of Democracy 2.0
I remember the raindrop story. The one they tell school children about how it all works. I can’t believe how easily I took it all in. How much I wanted to be the good raindrop. The one that kept itself pure and clean all the way down to the ocean…
That’s not what they taught us. They taught us that we were special. That our profiles shaped the world, and that we had to make sure we didn’t pollute the consensus.
They left out the fact that ocean is salty because it’s mostly piss.

No comments:

Post a Comment